Flat Lands Supply, Inc. is a wholesale and retail electrical, plumbing, voice, and data products supplier in Van Wert, Ohio. The business was started in Venedocia, Ohio, in 1966 by Everett J. Koenig. His son, Jerry D. Koenig, operates the corporation in the old Harter Chair building at 1220 E Jackson St in Van Wert.
Our business is open from 7:30 am to 5 pm Monday-Friday. We are closed Saturday-Sunday.
While we used to describe Flat Lands as offering “everything that you don’t see in a house,” … such as wire, breaker boxes, plumbing pipes, sump pumps, and water heaters … over the years, we have expanded our product lines to include bathtubs, toilets, showers, faucets, lavatories, cabinets, countertops, decorative lighting, septic tanks, and more. We also offer many indoor and outdoor LED lighting options.
We have many long-term relationships with electricians, plumbers, contractors, and builders in the Van Wert area and beyond. We also take pride in helping retail customers and delivering good customer service.
We offer benefits to full-time employees, including a 401K plan w/company match, paid vacation and holidays, and health insurance. For part-time employees, we offer the opportunity to have flexible hours and maintain a presence in the workforce. Employees are rewarded when the company prospers when everyone works together.
What we are looking for in our employees:
- Plumbing/electrical knowledge
- Counter/showroom sales experience
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Accounting knowledge helpful, but basic math proficiency required
- Computer experience using Windows 10 and printers
- MS Office experience, Word and Excel
- Clerical experience
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Positive attitude, energetic, self-motivated
- Good driving record
- Ability to identify problems and willingness to work with others to solve them
- Some physical labor required: ladder climbing to shelve or retrieve stock, bending, lifting, and carrying heavy boxes
As a small business, we seek employees who can be cross-trained to do various job assignments.
Our job categories include counter/showroom sales, outside sales, job bidding, physical and computer inventory management, delivery, and clerical. Most employees are trained for counter sales along with other job duties.