Job Title: Custodian
Reports to: Maintenance Director, CEO
Location: YMCA of Van Wert County, Hickory Sticks Golf Club. Van Wert, OH
Custodial staff are responsible for cleaning and maintaining the building during the day. These responsibilities include but are
not limited to
1. Daily Cleaning Tasks.
Cleaning each area of the YMCA on a daily and semi-regular basis.
Schedule and coordinate volunteers and community service workers.
Clean and distribute towel service in fitness areas.
Order cleaning supplies and store them properly
Report any areas or equipment that need maintenance to our maintenance staff.
2. Building Security.
Monitor areas of the Y as you perform your tasks.
Bring any potential issues to the attention of a Director.
3. Fulfill Staff Administrative Roles.
Written and verbal communication with fellow staff and members.
Pass along member comments and equipment/building issues.
Records may be kept for cleaning duties and purchases.
General knowledge of YMCA policies
Perform all other duties as assigned by the CEO or Program Directors.
Support for YMCA Camp Clay
Support for Hickory Sticks Golf Course
1. Must be at least 18 years of age and hold a high school diploma.
2. Documented experience working with people and a desire to work in a customer service/fitness environment
3. Organizational skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, and more)
4. Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
5. Ability to relate to one’s peer group.
6. Ability to role model the Core Values of the YMCA
7. Good character and ability to adapt to customer service settings; enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control.
Salary will be determined based on experience.